In 2016 Barking Riverside, which is part of the Thames Ward, was selected to become a ‘Healthy New Town’ by NHS England. Ten areas were selected across the country to join a national initiative. Each site was given funding to experiment to see what could have an impact in making people healthier.
As a follow up to the programme, we’re asking residents of Thames Ward how they feel about their health, lifestyle and various aspects of the environment around Barking Riverside, as well as other areas in the Ward.
Everyone wants Thames Ward to be a healthy and happy place to live, and we will only know whether this is the case if we can get data that reflects the experiences of local people who live here now. The survey also provides an opportunity for local people to tell us about their satisfaction with various aspects of their environment and lives. This knowledge will help ensure future projects are tailored to the priorities that local people have. The survey will be carried out by Barking Riverside annually as part of BRL’s commitment to monitor and evaluate the social impact of the area.
Voucher Prize Draw
To say thank you to those who take time to fill out this important survey, we are making a prize of a £200 Love2Shop Voucher available for two winners. Those who take part in the survey will be entered into a raffle. Names will then be drawn at random and the chosen participants will be awarded the voucher prize.
Please note, to be eligible for the prize draw you must; live in Thames Ward, complete the entire survey, ensure that you have submitted your response within the deadline specified, and you must have consented to be entered via the relevant question on the consent page. (See full T&C's below).
This year’s survey is closed as of 28th February 2022, thank you to all those who participated. The two randomly selected winners of the Love2Shop vouchers have been notified by email on 9th March 2022 and have 30 days to claim their prize. If you have any follow up questions relating to your participation in the survey please email email@example.com
Healthy New Towns Survey Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
- The prize draw is open to all respondents who complete the Barking Riverside Healthy New Towns Survey in full and live in Thames Ward (proved by providing a post code in the survey). You must be over 18 to complete the survey and be eligible for the draw. Staff members of Barking Riverside Limited are not eligible to enter the prize draw.
- Only one entry per person. Multiple entries will be disqualified.
- There are 2 prizes – 2x £200 Love2Shop vouchers. There is no cash alternative to the prize.
- The prize draw closes at 12 midday on 28th February 2022. A computer programme will be used to randomly generate the 2 winners.
- The winners will be notified by email on or before 14th March 2022 using the email address given in the survey. If the winner does not claim the prize within 30 days they will forfeit the prize and a re-draw will take place. To claim the prize the winner will need to follow the instructions in the email they receive. The winner will receive their prize no later than 30 days after they claim their prize.
- The winner is responsible for paying any income tax (if any) on the prize won.
- No responsibility will be accepted for incomplete or lost entries or entries not received.
- In the event of a dispute Barking Riverside Limited’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering the prize draw you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Barking Riverside Limited reserves the right to refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of the terms and conditions.
- Please retain a copy of these terms and conditions for your records.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
- The Promoter is: Barking Riverside Limited, (company number 05055132) registered address 29-35 W Ham Ln, London E15 4PH
- If for any reason any aspect of this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion or invalidate any affected entries, where required.