Saturday 16th September marks the return of the Emerge East festival to Barking Riverside. This free festival will host a range of activities, bringing visitors on a journey of discovery through this emerging East London district.
From 10am until 7pm, visitors will be invited to explore a variety of pop-ups; from tasting home cooked dishes from Barking Riverside residents, and browsing independent food and craft traders, to venturing along a brand-new Wellbeing and Wildlife Trail, and enjoying soundtrack sessions from UD DJ Collective.
Festival highlights include:
• The Home Cooks area showcasing food-loving residents who will present their home prepared dishes to guests.
• An Emerging Makers Market featuring independent traders selling a selection of clothing, gifts, lifestyle products and food produce.
• The new Wildlife and Wellbeing Trail designed by arts organisation Create London. This 5km trail will be signposted by sculptural markers designed by Channel Architecture and two sound artworks made by artist Joseph June Bond in partnership with Barking Riverside residents. The trail will lead visitors through the ecological Oystercatcher Park and onto the Thames foreshore, exploring the area’s unique ecology.
• Guided tours of the new Overground station, led by architects Weston Williamson and Partners, and the new pier, led by the project engineering team.
• Pop-up riverside sauna sessions, with guidance by the British Sauna Society, to learn about sauna culture and rituals from around the world.
• Nature-inspired arts and crafts workshops, hosted by social enterprises Yodomo and Sunny Jar throughout the day and supported by home builders Bellway and L&Q.
• Poetry Takeaway in an L&Q show homes, bringing a live personalised poetry experience to visitors in an unusual home setting.
The full programme can be viewed here: emergeeast.uk
Emerge East takes place in Station Square, the BRL Project Office, Barking Food Forest, an L&Q show home in Kentfield Street and the L&Q Marketing Suite.
Barking Riverside can be reached via the Overground line, and with the District, Hammersmith & City, and c2c lines via an interchange at Barking station.
It can also be reached by the Uber Boat by Thames Clippers service, the EL1 or EL2 bus or via the new network of cycle paths including Cycleway 42.
As local parking is limited, it is suggested that visitors travel to Barking Riverside via public transport.
Emerge East is free to visit. Tickets for the Wild Riverside Sauna have now sold out.
Competition Terms & Conditions
1. This competition is being run by Barking Riverside Limited in partnership with Hemingway Design
2. The giveaway is open to anyone who correctly enters the competition. You must be over 18 to enter. Staff members of Barking Riverside Limited are not eligible to enter the giveaway. No payment will be taken from any entrants.
3. Entrants must follow Barking Riverside on Instagram, and tag at least 1 x friend in the comments of the post advertising the competition.
4. The winner will receive a £20 voucher to use with any trader featured in the Emerging Makers Market on Saturday 16th September.
5. The winner will receive a £20 voucher to use with Meetini cocktail bar on Saturday 16th September.
6. The vouchers will be handed out in paper on Saturday 16th September.
7. The prize draw closes on Thursday 14th September. The winners will be selected by Barking Riverside Ltd.
8. The winners will be announced on Instagram, and further conversation will be on email on or before Friday 15th September, using the email address requested by Barking Riverside Limited via Instagram direct message. If the winners do not claim the prize within 24 hours, they will forfeit the prize and the prize will be re-assigned at BRL discretion. To claim the prize the winners will need to follow the instructions in the email they receive.
9. No responsibility will be accepted for incomplete entries.
10. In the event of a dispute Barking Riverside Limited's decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. By entering the prize draw you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Barking Riverside Limited reserves the right to refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of the terms and conditions.
12. Please retain a copy of these terms and conditions for your records.
13. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
14. The Promoter is: Barking Riverside Limited, (company number 05055132) registered address 29-35 West Ham Lane, London E15 4PH
15. If for any reason any aspect of this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion or invalidate any affected entries, where required.
16. All participants and entrants in this competition completely release Instagram of all liability.
17. By entering into this competition, you acknowledge that the promotion is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or any other social media used throughout the promotion.