As part of the latest phase of road works to support the creation of a new public transport interchange and square outside Barking Riverside Station, we will be closing and realigning Project Road. Project Road will be open only to bus routes, whilst private vehicle traffic will make use of a new road under the rail viaduct, Merz Road.
Thank you for your patience and understanding whilst these important works are undertaken.
Monday 27th February 2023 onwards
- Bus EL1 and EL3 (peak times) to use Project Road with Eastbound and Westbound bus stops relocated from Merz Road to Station Square
- No vehicles, other than buses, are to use Station Square
- Vehicle access to the BRL Project Office is off Project Road, but only from the Fielders Crescent side
- If entering or leaving the BRL Project Office by car, please look both ways for traffic
- Pedestrians can access the Pier and the BRL Project Office from either side of Project Road
- Vehicle access to the Pier and the former TfL compound is via Project Road from River Road
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.